• N.Y.L.

Top 5 Mental Health Services For Children And Teens In Raleigh,NC

Updated: Oct 15, 2020


Mind Shine, LLC is a mental health clinic located at 1631 Midtown Place, Suite 104 Raleigh, NC 27609 that specializes in TMS therapy for adults, while also offering other mental health treatment options such as outpatient therapy, substance abuse counseling, teletherapy, and psychiatric medication management for adolescents, families, adults and children.

TMS, or Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation therapy for adults is an FDA approved treatment for depression WITHOUT the use or side effects of medications.

However, a patient may also continue taking their psychiatric medications while receiving TMS treatments.

For Children and Adolescents Mind Shine, LLC offers Outpatient Therapy Services, Family Therapy, Individual Counseling Services, Psychiatric Services, Medication Management, Family Counseling, and The Triple-P Program for children.

Mind Shine, LLC also offers online counseling services in North Carolina and Florida via our Telemedicine platform, allowing the patient to receive the help they need in the comfort of their own homes.

We also offer Suboxone Therapy for Opioid addiction to patients in the convenience of their own home, using our HIPPA compliant Telemedicine platform.

Mind Shine, LLC accepts Medicaid, Medicare, Private, Military & Group Insurance Plans, as well as cash payment plans for those Not covered by Insurance.

Please call (919) 366-4073 to set up an appointment or ask questions about we can do to help you or your loved one.

Address: 1631 Midtown Place, Suite 104 Raleigh, NC 27609

Website: https://www.mindshinetms.com

Phone: (919) 366-4073

Email: info@mindshinetms.com

Hablamos Español

2. Alliance Behavioral Healthcare (ABH):

Alliance Behavioral Healthcare is a “managed care organization (MCO), that manages the “public” mental health, intellectual/developmental disability, and substance abuse services for the citizens of Durham, Wake, Cumberland and Johnston counties.

Although they do not actually provide services, their job is to manage the public funds from each county, the state, Medicaid, and other federal funds to ensure that individuals who seek help receive the quality services and supports they are eligible for to help them achieve their goals and live as independently as possible.

These services are delivered by a network of private providers who contract with Alliance.

You are eligible for services through ABH if you are insured by Medicaid and live in one of these counties, or if you are uninsured and assessed to meet eligibility criteria.

When you need assistance, you can find out if you are eligible by calling the 24-hour Alliance Access and Information line at: (800) 510-9132

You may learn more about how to access public services through ABH by going to this website:


3. Strategic Garner Residential Acute Psychiatric Hospital

Strategic Behavioral Center – Raleigh, is an acute hospital and residential behavioral health facility that serves children and adolescents.

They provide a structured, therapeutic and safe environment for those patients who require acute and residential care with psychiatric, mental or behavioral challenges.

Offers acute psychiatric inpatient services for males and females age 5 to 17.

They also offer psychiatric residential treatment for children and youth.

For admissions and information: 919-800-4400 or 855-537-2262


4. Haven House Services and Wrenn House

Haven house offers diversion programs such as Gang Outreach, Juvenile Assessment Teams, Multi-Systemic Therapy for youth in crisis, as well as homeless, runaway, and crisis intervention programs, and shelter for youth in the Triangle.

They provide the only homeless, runaway and crisis intervention program and shelter for youth in the Triangle.

Wrenn House provides a safe, legal, and responsible environment for youth who run away from home, who are homeless, or are otherwise in a crisis, situation.

They are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Wrenn House is available to any youth age 10 – 17, with priority given to youth from Wake County and Raleigh.

The Safe Place offered by Wren House, provides access to immediate help and safety for all young people in crisis.

Safe Place offers help to ages up to 17 years old with no costs associated with their services.

Kids get help right in their own neighborhood – day or night.

To find out more about haven house, please visit

www.havenhousenc.org/about/mission-history/ or call Haven House at 919-833-3312.

5. Emergency Department At Wake County Hospitals

None of these hospitals has a mental health inpatient unit, but they will check your child for any medical problems and determine whether or not your child or teen needs to be involuntarily committed to a psychiatric unit at another facility.

(WakeMed does have a special behavioral health team that works with patients in the ED though.) If your child is determined to need involuntary commitment to a psychiatric hospital, staff will locate a bed either in Holly Hill Hospital, UNC Wakebrook, or in another hospital which may be as close as Durham, Chapel Hill or Rocky Mount or as far as Jacksonville or Asheville.

Your child can expect to wait in an Emergency Department room for an average of 2 to 3 days.

After your child or teen is assessed by the ED Psychiatric staff, it will be determined if they need be admitted to a state psychiatric hospital such as Central Regional Hospital in Butner, or Strategic Behavioral Health Garner or not.

Your child's transport to and from the psychiatric inpatient facility will likely be by law enforcement, or contractor transport staff.

Raleigh Emergency Room Contact Information

Wake Med Raleigh Emergency Department - 3000 New Bern Ave, Raleigh, NC 27610 / (919) 350-8000

Wake Med Cary Emergency Department - 1900 Kildaire Farm Rd, Cary, NC 27518 / (919) 350-8000

UNC Rex Hospital Raleigh Emergency Department - 2500 Blue Ridge Rd # 417, Raleigh, NC 27607 / (919) 787-9097

Duke Raleigh Hospital Emergency Department - 3400 Wake Forest Rd, Raleigh, NC 27609 / (919) 954-3271